"What started as a simple idea turned into an inkling of my life's calling."
How I did it: It starts with caring. If you are thinking about this goal you probably already care about food and your family.
Lessons & tips:
- Find a way to rapidly decompress if you are coming home directly from work (I sit in the car for a few stolen moments)
- Don't have anything stressful scheduled before or after dinner
- Involve everyone in the preparation and cleanup
Resources: Here are a few cookbooks that I found helpful in tackling this goal.
- The Unprejudiced Palate: Classic thoughts on Food and the Good Life - My vision of putting the table at the center of my life started with this funny, opinionated book about food and family
- The Gourmet Cookbook - In our house, this enormous tome has displaced the Joy of Cooking when it comes time to find a standby recipe or explore something new.
- How to Eat Supper - a new paean to eating good food together. The author balances stuff you want to eat with the little time you probably have to prepare it.
It took me 3 months.
It made me joyful